Tuesday, June 26, 2012

We're moving!


By the time you're reading this, Real World Math may have already moved to it's new home.  Since MobileMe is no longer doing web publishing for Mac's iWeb, I've been forced to look for a new host.  After some deliberation I've gone with Weebly.  The URL for the site will still be RealWorldMath.org.  It seems that I'll be able to make the upgrades to the site that I've been wanting to make for some time now.

Key among this is allowing students access to the site to retrieve downloads for Google Earth, while at the same time restricting them from all of the teachers' content.  I'll be accomplishing this by password-protecting some of the pages.  Hopefully it will make for a blended experience for anyone who visits the site.

I've been working on this for a while now, but there's still work to do.  I had forgotten how much content was on the site!  The framework is in place so what I mainly need to do now is add the downloadable materials.  While doing this, I've realized I need to make upgrades and edits to most of the material.  This will take longer than I anticipated, so please bear with the mess while I sort through it all this summer.  Hopefully you won't find too many files unavailable.

As I mentioned before, the teacher portion of the site will be password protected.  Teachers will be able to send a request for the password via a form on the site.  But I need a password!  How 'bout it?  Any suggestions?

See you on the other side!  Hope you like the new layout.


No comments: